Thursday, May 21, 2009

Miday Thursday Update on Frank

Hi everyone, this is Johniann (Frank's sister) giving an update on Frank. We all made it over to the hospital at about 10:30 this morning. When we went to his room he was sleeping so we started to go back to the waiting room to let him get his rest but he was not sleeping deeply and opened one eye and saw us so we have been visiting. Frank is very diligent in making sure EVERYONE uses the hand sanitizer when they enter his room. We all comply of course. He is doing great and he cannot believe how good he feels. He keeps warning himself he knows he may have setbacks during this process but he surely feels he has been granted a miracle. There is a story about his miracle that Frank firmly believes. Last Sunday we all attended Mass at Holy Rosary Church for the special Mass which honors the Virgin Mary. It is called Our Lady of The Audience. We even got our mother all spruced up for an outing and lunch out away from the Nursing Home. (She did well that day by the way) This mass/traditon for Our Lady of the Audience was brought over from Sambuca Italy by the Molle Family. Shavadia (not sure of the spelling Molle was one of our grandmother's best friends. Frank had never attended this Mass but I have and of course our Mother had over the years. THe Priest told of the tradition and how the Molle Family has kept this tradition going for years and years. They have a statue of Mary and they take it outside and they shower the statue with Rose Petals. You are then to get a rose petal and wipe the eyes of the statue with the rose petal and a cotton ball and you will be blessed with good health for the year. My husband Jim made sure Frank got lots of Rose petals. They also pass out pins with a photo of the statue of Mary. Frank said he saved his pin and his rose petal and he hung it in his walk in closet so he could see it every day. Two days later he got the call for his heart. This is his miracle. He has told this story to the social worker and she told Frank she also believes he was granted a miracle. As always Frank keeps thoughts of his donor in mind and speaks about him/her alot. He hopes that someday he can meet the mother of this person and tell her how much this means to him. Of course we all think that the donor family will be so happy that this heart came to someone as wonderful as Frank because we all know what a special personality Frank has. I want everyone to know that very very soon Frank will have a lap top in his hands and he will be making these updates. HE LOVES the comments, he has Susan read these to him and is so happy to hear all the people who have left comments. We ask that everyone leave him a comment. Even if you do not know Frank personally but know of him thru someone else, he still wants to hear from you and know you are following his progress. Today his inlaws Rudy and Rosetta, his Aunt Bevie and me (his sister) return home to KC and we are so happy to know he will be out of ICU soon and we will be reading his updates ourselves.
Thanks to everyone for your thoughts and prayers as they have uplifted Frank in a tremendous way. Johniann

22 comments:

  1. Frank, you are truly a miracle, God has something very special in store for you. Keep working hard to recuperate and stay well!
    Love,
    Sean & Stephanie Connor
    Chris, Kiele and Jack

    p.s. Jack said he was very happy that "Ruby" was able to be with you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Frank I am so thrilled to hear the wonderful blessing you have been given!!! I have been thinking of you and praying for you and can't wait to hang out with you again!!! Stay healthy and positive!!! Love you, Kim Miller

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sooo excited to hear you are doing well!!! I know were are not suppose to have favorite patient's, but you have been near and dear to my heart. I know you have been through some extremely challenging times, and finally great things await you in the future. Get some rest and call me if you need anything. Susan has been great putting up with all of Dr. B's and my calls to check on you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Frankie boy, went golfing today and thought about you going to be a 2 handicap. Not sure I'll be able to play with you anymore since I still find the woods way too many times. But on the other hand you'll be able to help me inprove so maybe you should golf with me. Reality: We both stink!!
    Glad to hear your doing so well and everyone thnks YOU THE MAN!!! Stay on top of those nurses and doctors and make sure they'er doing the job properly. I know you will. Well we'll have lots to talk about when you get home and I hope thats real soon. Keep up the positive attitude because it helps the rest of stay at peace. You know you are THE MAN.
    Brother of the Heart
    Uncle Frank

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Frank,
    We're happy to hear you're questioning the nurses, wanting to make sure they're doing the right thing! Keep it up ~ you need to do that, if only for your natural curiosity! It's just best to keep them on the ball. We are loving all of the good reports and especially your great attitude. I guess by now, you realize EVERYONE thinks you're pretty special! Count us among them. We'll be back checking on your progress ~ we may have left the neighborhood, but we haven't left you! Love and Hugs, Sherry and Gary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Frank and Susan--- Just arrived home and of course I had to check your page to check your status.. I don't blame you one bit for questioning the staff (ha ha)....hang in there Frank --- Maybe you could request some "flavored" ice cubes........Oh ...and yes..I am a true believer....Miracles Do Happen. Till next time......Take Care
    Love
    Concetta/Randy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Cousin, just heard the good news! How awesome for you. Glad to read you still have your appetite and a good sense of humor. Can't wait to read your posts each day as you heal. We are leaving today for Dallas to see Brett and the girls...we will be sure to share your news. Take care, LOL, Donnie & Cindy
    P.S. Donnie ran his first ultramarthon this past weekend and finished in 7 hours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just found out all the great news and really enjoyed reading how quickly you have bounced back. For some reason Key West comes to mind after reading you woke up with your humor. Susan if you still want the wooden cat let me know and will send your way while Frank recovers because it does bring the best medicine which is laughter. Keep the faith and god bless all the donors out there!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Franco -- Congratulations on your new heart and very successful surgery! We've been sending prayers your way and following your progress thru this blog -- pretty handy. So glad you are progressing so quickly.

    Has Rosie heard about this? I bet she is cleaning out an office for you right now! : )

    Love to you and Susan both. Kris M.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Frank & Susan -- so happy all is going well! Love that we can follow your progress. We believe in Miracles -- having the Bleseed Mother on your team is the Best! We our thankful for this beautiful gift you have received and know you will put it to good use.
    Love you guys,
    Kathleen & Anthony

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yeah Frank!! I don't even know what to say.. I'm just so happy! And relieved! And excited! And upset that we can't be there : ( I agree, this is a miracle, and you definitely deserve one! I'm also glad to hear that your recovery is going swiftly! You are a strong man, and you deserve a heart as strong as you.
    I'm thinking of you.
    Love,
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  12. Frank,
    It was such exciting news that you were heading to St Louis, I am so happy to hear that your surgery was a success and that you are on the road to recovery. You and your family will continue to be in my prayers on this journey of life, a new beginning. I will continue to follow the blog and getting updates from your sister (I work with Johniann at Commerce bank).

    God Bless and Stay Positive,
    Cindy Madick

    ReplyDelete
  13. Frank and Susan- even though I have never had the pleasure of meeting you I have heard stories (good ones of course) about you all for 20 years so in many ways I feel like I know you both. Johniann has been a blessing in my life and many other that we work with; all of us have been keeping your family in our thoughts and prayers. Your miracle is extra special to me and my family. My father died of a heart attack in 1997. We have done many fund raising activities in his honor. Watching your miracle makes us feel like we made a difference and that my dad's memory is continuing to live on. God bless you both!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Frank and Susan-

    I loved your miracle story! You are indeed blessed. You two are very special to us and Frank, you are very deserving of a new lease on life. You have been through so much and this will soon be behind you. Be patient, you will be home soon mowing that huge lawn and sipping a cool drink by your pool. Our thoughts and prayers are contantly with you. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Frank & Susan. It is great to hear you are doing great today. Yes it was a miracle! May God be with you tonight and with the family who was gracious with this gift.

    Stephen

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's just hard not to read this blog and get so excited about this new heart! What a blessing - God is so gracious and kind in more ways than we know, and we deserve NONE of it! This is all by the grace of God!! Frank, when you get a chance, eat a great big meal, relax, and try to get some good sleep! You have been given a miracle in this precious new heart!! Love ya, bay!

    Marisa :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Tara filled me in on what's going on, and I am so happy to hear how well things went for you. We look forward to seeing you during our trip to KC to visit them!

    emmy

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love reading all these comments I which I could reply to each one of you and I know Frank wants to as well. But I'm sure we will get to over time.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Frank-o - Thanks for being our big miracle! It's great to hear that you are improving daily. Wish all of the Vegas gang could be there to cheer you on! Know that you are in our prayers! When you come to Vegas we will put your name in Neon Lights and get the showgirls to dance for you! I am sure your new heart will handle that!!
    Take care and God Speed!
    Patti Musso

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ia'm truly humbled by all the love I feel when reading the comment fom my friends and family you lift my spirits with every new entry please keep them coming, I cant express how much they mean to me and my wondrful wife she is the first miricle I was blessed with. I can't belive the lord had two in store foe me.

    ReplyDelete
  21. HI Frank and Susan,
    WOW! I can't begin to imagine what you've all gone through, but the fantastic news is that you got your miracle! It's so wonderful to hear that you're already feeling better than you have for a long time, and just think--no more shocks! Eddie and I send our best wishes and prayers for your full recovery--your new lease on life! And we also send our grateful prayers to God for the donor's gift to you, for his heart and for his family. Frank, you'll get through all of the rehab and post/op care and come out the other end feeling like a new man! You have Susan, all your family, friends, doctors, nurses and lots of prayers to help too. Can't wait to see you and give you a big hug and hear all your stories about your experiences!
    Love,
    Mary Jane

    P.S. Now that Big Ed has become so good at using the computer, you'll probably be getting messages on your blog from him too! He was so happy to get your phone call!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Susie Friedman-HodsonMay 22, 2009 at 9:34 PM

    Johniann, I loved your story about Our Lady of the Audience. She, along with Frank, are true miracles. Thank you for being with your brother and knowing that there is NOTHING stronger than the power of prayer! Love, Susie

    ReplyDelete