Thursday, May 28, 2009

Day 9 Revised Update

Hi,

Well I still cant believe this has happened to me! what a wonderful dream come true, I still pinch my self every morning. One of my many many doctors has just left and told me that the plan for today is to wait on my biopsy report. If all goes well I will be joining Susan at the Parkway hotel. If the labs don't come today I might still get to leave, this will depend on my white blood count, so keep your fingers crossed. Concetta is coming up to help Susan and I this week end, I cant wait to give her a great big wave. thanks for all your thoughts and prayers.

Cheers

Frank

Concetta Writes @ 8:35 pm
You guys won't believe this ....but Frank was released from the Hospital. I have to tell you that when I first saw him I couldn't believe my eyes. Frank looked like he just walked off a cruise ship. I stood there with my mouth open.....and just couldn't believe my eyes. I know this probably sounds repetitive to all -- but I still can't believe this man has had a heart transplant. We left the hospital around 4:00 - had all his prescriptions filled -- came back to the hotel room to unload his belongings -- and then we traveled to Sam's Club and Walmart. Frank is still going strong......!! This guy is unbelievable and I feel so blessed to be able to see Susan and Frank. Okay -- Now for the results of Franks biopsy which he originally thought he would have to wait until Friday -- However, as luck has it he received his results today. How the biopsy grading works -
(zero) - 0 - Great Biopsy
1A - Great Biopsy
1B Some inflammation - this is not rejection - meds are adjusted
3A Rejection - they treat w/high doses of predesone or admitted for IV Steroids
The Doctor told Frank the last two days one of the drugs he takes is called prograft - blood levels for this drugs should be above 7.1 - the last two days Franks blood level has been 3.9 - They increased his dosage today and his blood level went to 9.1 - The Doctor thinks the two days of low drug level could have contributed to the 1B grade - No drug changes were made today.
The next biopsy is scheduled for Wednesday -- after those results are in - depending upon the grade will determine the actions taken.

Frank shouts out a Happy Birthday to Carl John !!!!!!

14 comments:

  1. Susie Friedman-HodsonMay 28, 2009 at 10:54 AM

    Keeping my fingers crossed, Frank. We had all school Mass today and I let Father Joe know about your biopsy and upcoming events. He (like all of us) is anxious for your return to Kansas City. I'm praying all goes well so you can join Susan at the hotel. I'm sure being out of the hospital and with the love of your life will be the best medicine ever! Take care and thanks for the early morning post! Love ya, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey guys!

    Just wanted to let you know that Jenny and I are thinking and praying for you. Its truly an amazing story and we are happy that it is going so well.
    Big Cheers, Matthew & Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Frank,
    You better stay away from me for a year if I can't give you a hug when I see you! I got to thinking last night, with all this time in St. Louis, have you become a Cardinals fan yet? If you haven't, you will soon! I am very anxious to hear about the biopsy results, I have researched all about it. After the surgery went so well, I knew this would be the next hurdle so I wanted to know a little bit about it. I am sure you know more! It did make feel better to know that rejection is normal and it almost always occurs, you just have to get the medicine right. You know all about that too - don't you!
    I am getting ready for the managers dinner tonight over here at my house. Everyone is playing golf over at Tiffany right now. Rancho Grande is catering the dinner tonight, I hope it doesn't rain! It is cloudy and cool but is supposed to get hot this weekend. I am not ready for 90 degrees quite yet.
    Have a good day - you will be sleeping in your own bed soon...not having to worry about getting shocked, my, it has been a long time since you have not had to worry about that...AWESOME!
    Still praying every night (four times actually, once when I put Bentley to bed, once with Baron, once at dinner and once when I go to bed!)
    Keep staying strong Frank!
    Love,
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are keeping our fingers crossed for you too. Hopefully, you will be able to get out of their for a day or two. It will probably be almost as good as a vacation. Can't wait to get you out on the golf course again and beat up on you.

    John and Janice

    ReplyDelete
  5. Frank/Susan
    Again, this Blog is wonderful and thank you STephanie. Your results are going to be just fine. Your miracle will continue on. We are all praying for you. I have a group of friends that has a prayer group and you are #1, so add that to your numbers too. When I shared your story it was like Miracles do happen today. You and Susan will be heading home soon and as was stated earlier today. Wow to think about resting without getting shocked !
    Rest well, stay strong, we are all thinking of you two!
    Rozann :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What up! Had a great conversation with Susan last night.....found it necessary to actually call and check up on you. I agree with everyone that it's incredibly amazing the events that have occurred within the last week. It gives me chills to see the pic of you in the hospital with the biggest smile EVER on your face.

    You'll be happy to hear that I can still hit a golf ball despite being 37 weeks prego and big as a barn (or so it seems). Hit one at Tiffany today just to see if I could do it! Won't be long until we are out on the course again. Can't wait to get some lessons from the new 'Mr. 2 Handicap'. Seems that generated quite a response from the blog - you have a pretty high expectation from that comment!

    I am prepared to accept virtual hugs and kisses until you can get up close and personal with the world again.

    Keep posting the good news reports. I find myself telling complete strangers about how well you're doing...just wanting to share it with the world!

    Talk to you soon -

    Love ya,
    Tara and Dan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Frankie, We are both so excited that you are progressing so well. Hopefully by the time you read this you'll be at the hotel with your ever-lovin' wife! We'll be sending you cyber hugs and kisses until time for the real thing! Can't wait until you're back home on Kristi Road, watching your fish, your garden grow and looking at your pool, even if you can't go in yet. Hopefully little Molly can welcome you. Our best to all of you ~ Susan, Carl and Rudy~ plus all of your extended family. This couldn't have happened to a nicer family. We love you all ~ keep improving ~ I think the whole WORLD is pulling for you, Frank. Love and hugs, Sherry and Gary

    ReplyDelete
  8. Susie Friedman-HodsonMay 28, 2009 at 10:26 PM

    Concetta, THANK you for such GREAT NEWS! Here come the tears again...I believe it's been a week since I heard from Aunt Bevy. Frank is truly a miracle. GOD is GOOD.

    Love to all, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank God Frank Glad to hear it.

    Sal

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi
    frank
    What a beautiful gift ecxperience you have been biven. You are indeed favored! Your experience has been insprng to all who know you. We've been following your progress on this blog and cheering you on as we pray for the very best results for a really great young man......You! Keep up the good work !
    Love and many Blessings
    Lucille and Bob Palmer and Family

    ReplyDelete
  11. Frank and Susan,

    AMAZING!!!!!! I am thrilled to hear that you are doing so well...you are such an inspiration and I agree with Dan and Tara...I have been telling your story to complete strangers!! I am thinking of you both every day and praying for you!!! Love you much!!!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  12. Frank,
    So glad to hear that you are doing GREAT.Keep up the speedy recovery.Pat

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't believe you are released from the hospital! Yes - it is absolutely amazing. I"m so happy for you and Susan. I love her email about waking up and listening to you breathe in and out. What a wonderful love you two share. I'll keep checking in. Can't wait for you guys to get home! You are in my daily prayers.

    Luv,

    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Frank, You truly are a superstar1! We already thought so but, now you've really proved yourself. I have so enjoyed reading your progress and results from tests. Thanks for sharing with us your spectacular life. Much love and many prayers from our home to you and Susan. Hope you got your pool to a better color. I know how much you've wanted in the water. No back flips yet though! Can't wait to see both of you and give you a mini hug. Take care dear Frank... Love, Mona and Tony Salazar ( Jim's sister)

    ReplyDelete