Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Message from Carl John

Carl writes:
(Franks son)

Today is one of the few days I wished I was back home (or at least a lot closer). This morning at 6:05 am (4:05 pm May 19 in Missouri) I was woken by the vibration of my cell phone, it was my dad, he told me he had been contacted by his doctors in St. Louis about a transplant and that he was on his way as we spoke. Shocked a wake by what at the timed seemed to be horrible news I began to think of what this meant for him and how good or lucky this situation could be (thinking this way does little to ease my fears, but I believe it’s better to look at things in a positive light). I feel extremely guilty for not being there right now. My family, my mom especially, must be going through so much. Being on the other side of the world there is little I can do to help and comfort my family. Sure I’ve spoken with them over the phone but that is no comparison to being there in person. I just finished reading the latest blog (thank you Aunt Johniann for writing) that friends and family have created to keep updates on my father’s health. Knowing my family is surrounded by so many caring people is really reassuring. To everyone who has helped with this, thank you! Being so far away is making this really difficult for me but this blog is tremendously helpful. It’s still early on, but I have already learned so much more factual information about my father’s transplant here, than I could have hoped to obtain in an emotional phone call with my mom or brother. For all of those who have said a prayer in my father’s name thank you!!Carl
May 20, 2009 1:24 AM

4 comments:

  1. Oh Carl,
    They know how bad you want to be there but they also know that you are there in spirit. Keep your head up buttercup, sounds like everything went really well.
    Amanda Montez

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carl
    I will be keeping your family in my prayers and know that all of us at Mark One had been praying for your dad's health. I will keep praying for there is a long journey ahead.

    Racheal Williams Aka: Payroll Lady!
    Mark One Electric

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Carl I know it must be difficult to be away right now but things sound promising. Stay strong kid my prayers are with your family.
    Scott Graber

    ReplyDelete
  4. Frank,
    Love keeping up on the miracle of your progress.We were so excited to see you up for a walk last night. You are truly a blessing from God. After reading what you wrote to your boys it has made us realize how important it is to sign the donor card without delay because you really never know. Susan, I still burn the Brisket on memorial weekend's (just like the old old days)
    Goodnight.....We are praying & thinking of you Both. Bubba & Tammy

    ReplyDelete