Saturday, July 25, 2009

Cardiac Rehab

Hi, Well I started cardiac rehab Wednesday at Ku med, I go on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, so far it's been pretty easy. I guess they start you out pretty slow, I've been doing 8 minutes each on the treadmill, recumbent bike, elliptical trainer and a machine that you peddle with your arms. They tell me that they will make things much harder as time goes by. I tried to explain that I think my new heart has a lot more horsepower than my old one It seems that I have been working much harder at home just walking for 30 minutes each day on my street trying to keep up with Susan's pace. I'm feeling stronger and stronger every day and can't wait to get to go golfing next month. I've had some swelling in my left ankle the last couple of weeks so the Doctor is sending me for a ultra sound of my legs to make sure I don't have a circulation problem. I look pretty lopsided when you look at my feet but at least it doesn't hurt. Susan and I are getting out of the house quite a bit so that's been really nice, I feel like it's the old days when I actually felt like going places So I hope to see you out and about . My next biopsy is not until August 11th so no road trips to St Louis for a few weeks. Please keep me and my Donner Family in your thoughts and prayers.

Cheers

Frank

5 comments:

  1. Frank - Sounds like you are not only conditioning and strenghting your heart -- sounds like you'll also be "buffing up"....Oh yeah...you'll be showing off your "big guns"...You and Susan are still in my thoughts and prayers.....keep up the great work Frank!
    Concetta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like your body is responding great to the new heart. I'm glad to hear you and Susan are getting out and able to enjoy life. Ran into a couple of your cousins Jack and Dominic Pernice. They are pretty excited for you. Susan you looked great last week when we ran into each other...give a call sometime and lets catch up!!!!
    Pickard

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are so happy to continue hearing how well you are doing. I'm sure Susan is feeling much better too! You two are a hoot and I'm sure the rehab facility looks forward to your visits to them. Continue taking care of each other. Dad having surgery next week so we'll check in on you in a couple of weeks. Kisses & Hugs from here. Doug & Tonya

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heck Frank - Don't feel bad about keeping up with Susan when she is walking around the culdesac, I have a hard time keeping up with her too. Although, I think it's part of her game to keep me winded so I can't talk.

    Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Frank
    Great news on starting Cardiac Rehab. You will be looking like the Incredible Hulk in no time. Glad to hear that you and Sue are out and about. Yeah! You and your Donor Family are in my prayers daily. Hugs and Kisses to you and Sue
    Rozann :)

    ReplyDelete