Thursday, August 6, 2009

Getting better every day

Hi all,

Well I have been in cardiac rehab for 6 sessions now and there starting to work me a little harder, I still think that I could do more than they are asking but I guess they want to take it slow. They have me working on the treadmill, stepper, bike, and arm machine for 10 minutes each but they have increased the level of each machine. I went to KU for a sonogram of my left leg to check on the swelling and it was normal no blood clots so that's good news. My blood sugar has been creeping up the last month or so so it looks like I have to start taking insulin to keep it under control, they tell me that I might be able to stop the insulin when I stop taking predisone, after the transplant I was taking 70mg and now I'm down to 22mg a day. hopefully I will be able to get completely off the predisone within the first year. But other wise have been feeling great. Susan and I have been getting out quite a bit and it's great to see and talk to so many friends that have been keeping up on my progress. I have been harvesting all kinds of veggies from my garden the last couple of week's and have been learning how to can all my goodies, so far I have canned tomato sauce, salsa, tomatoes with cacutzza, pickles, peppers, and peaches, Concetta has shown me the Doe's and dont's of canning, she's a real old McDonald. I have a biopsy comming up soon I will post the result when I get them. Well I'm getting a little long winded so I will talk to you later. please keep me and my Donner family in your prayers. give the gift of life be an organ Donner.

Cheers Frank

5 comments:

  1. Glad to see you are feeling well & enjoying yourself. Thought about you a lot while I was with my parents during dad's heart surgery. he is doing great too! see where Liberty Hospital is opening up a complete heart facility this coming fall. keep up the hard working at rehab. prayers for you and your donor family from Sedalia. luv, Doug & Tonya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Frank --- Just to let you know.....the Salsa that I canned was GREAT....!!! Hey -- and I'm still here to talk about it....LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. CANNOT wait to see you all at the end of the month!!! Congrats on all the good reports!!! XOXO Kim Miller

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Frank & Susan, Bubba and Tammy are so happy to hear about all the great progress you have made.Susan whatever you are doing keep it up, I think you need a spa day at Serendipity to relax a little.Hope to see you both someday.TT & Bubba.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Frank & Susan -- I'm back in AZ for 2 weeks and glad to see my computer and check your blog. Sounds like you are doing great and getting even more fit than ever. Looks like your hobbies are expanding too! Take care -- you guys are always in our thoughts and prayers.
    Love,
    Kathleen & Anthony

    ReplyDelete